Saturday, June 03, 2006

life is good


(this photo taken by my older son, Andy)

Sometimes I think that I never get ANYTHING done but then again….

My younger son graduated from high school last week. The graduation ceremony was held at Red Rocks Park which some of you may know as a great concert venue built right into the rocks and overlooking Denver. It was quite a beautiful and majestic setting.

I would be lying if I said I was not glad to be done with high school. I just have a little over 2 months of time with both boys at home and then the nest will start to empty. It is such an exciting time of life that I have no time to be sad. I embrace the change and am looking forward to the next stage of life. The teenage years may be tough, especially for a single parent, but seeing the kids grow and mature into young adults more than makes up for the difficulties!




Back to the garden…

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

What a beautiful place for the ceremony! I would love to see that place in person someday.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger SiouxZQue said...

Congrats on a job well done! Raising kids is a hard thing to do --- this I know as truth --- and I haven't gotten to the adolescent stage in my parenting yet! So what are you looking forward to the most with your nest emptying.... hmmmmmm??

If sadness and or lonliness creeps in, know there is a frazled MOM here in New England trying desperately not to pull her hair out on many given days. Often my sister used to visit my menagerie for days and would glare at my husband when he returned home from work. He would ask "so how did it go today.. hmmm?' Well whether it was a good day or not I would just say 'oh not much." Then her glare would redirect to me --- as twenty minutes prior the kiddos were practically at one another's throats! I always try to play it cool (never let 'em see ya sweat) and I would put on my referee hat (Mom's wear many hats) jump right in and make sure the little ones tried as much as possible to play a fair game, or fight as the case may be, and not literally kill one another! Of course from the moment my husband walked thru the door the kids would be absolute angels! Sis used to stick up for me and explain to him --- 'F! You're home the kids are happy and well fed, groomed and for the sake of your wife's sanity be grateful they're alive!" We'd laugh (as we all knew she spoke the truth!). She used to keep things in perspective for me, see the humour in EVERYTHING and always make me feel empowered as a mother and as a woman. God I miss her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home