Friday, August 11, 2006

waiting for pink




I slept in a little this morning. By the time I got up to the field, the first dark pink colors on the horizon were fading but the sky was full of clouds and I was optimistic and patient


When I was a little girl I remember having a favorite pink dress. But I had red hair and by some rigid logic of the 50’s, my mother told me that pink was not my color. Coming of age during the late 60’s and early 70’s, pink was imbued with a certain negative, less than strong, connotation.

But now that I have a deep understanding of who I am and acknowledge my own true feelings, I admit that I embrace and celebrate the color pink!

It is a good thing since I go in search of it on a daily basis!

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Isn't it great to have started reaching the age of wisdom? The old poem shouldn't say "When I am an old woman..." but "When I am a wise woman...."

Thank goodness we can finally come to terms with pink...brown, purple...skinny, heavy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home