Sunday, October 30, 2005

Dark Days of Fall


Sunday evening, on the eve of Halloween, you know, the end of Daylight Saving Time. So today, my circadian rhythm is off AND it gets DARK by 5 p.m. Thus begins the period when you get off of work in the dark. Not something comforting to me. I went to bed too late last night and got up too early and couldn’t guess what time it was all day long. So I sat around in my warm robe because it was also gray and cold and read The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. If you like reading about dysfunctional families, this is the book for you. I don’t recommend it to you if you are feeling down and it is the first day back on Standard Time. It may even make you feel worse. I finally managed to get up, shed the robe, take a shower and go out to buy cat food. It is raining which may turn to snow over night. Yippee. Tomorrow is bound to be a better day. The good news is that although I kept telling myself all day that we lose an hour when we ‘fall behind’, the truth is that we gain an hour. That is like getting a good night sleep AND a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home