Sunday, February 19, 2006

down on the lake

Winter had returned with a vengeance (record breaking -13ºF) but it has also rewarded us with an out-and-out riot of texture on the once again frozen lake surface. Slippery and crunchy both, I gingerly make my way down to the water’s edge to view this feast from a goose’s perspective. Even better would be to lie on my belly on the ice, but I am not quite that adventurous!Delighting at the myriad crystal patterns, my view is most distorted by the ice that has formed on my own glasses.

Welcome to my view of the world!

Now again with glasses off!

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

I like your cold photos.

We made it to 21 degrees today -- got out for a jog after spending the entirety of yesterday indoors...breathable air, WOW!

Have a great week!

:-]

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Thirteen below? That's nothin'. It didn't get ABOVE 13 below here for a couple of days. Lovely pics as always. Love that one through the iced-up lenses! Cool! Well...'cold', I guess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home