Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sun: Take a Vacation!


Every morning I try to get up at about 5:00 a.m. to check out what the sunrise will look like. If there are lots of interesting clouds and some dark orange-pink color, I consider getting up and going out to capture the sunrise. This morning I was tired and I could see that we had a solid cloud cover and nothing more than a lightening of the morning sky. I thought about re-setting my alarm and getting more sleep but then I realized:
the weather has changed
Just what I had asked for!!! It is cool and cloudy and there is a 40% chance of rain.
What is so noteworthy about a bad photo? When it expresses the out-of-sorts feeling that has pervaded my mood since the string of upper 90º days inflicted itself upon us.
But now I am rejuvenated and my body and psyche have a chance to recover from near pwp*

I celebrate and embrace the cool colorless sunrise this morning.
I hope the sun doesn’t bother to poke its head through the clouds
ALL DAY**
* permanent wilting percentage
**as I post this, the sun is starting to burn through the clouds...but a much cooler day is in store with an even cooler day forecast for tomorrow.....I think I feel a sore throat coming on....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home