Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ptelea returns!

Back Home and digging my way out from under a work project from hell! I have been dragging out the completion of a project beyond all reason (no one to blame but myself). Today I was whining that I have to do everything for myself, no one ever helps me (which, of course is not true). This outburst came when I simply wanted to use the heavy-duty stapler to staple the latest version of my report. Whoever used it last left it empty! It wasn’t obvious how to fill it and we also had about 4 different sizes of staples that said they fit. My first inclination was to clip my report but then I decided to use my brain to figure out how to fill this stapler and find the right size staples. It took about 2 minutes to figure it out and move on. I remembered a valuable lesson – your attitude can make or break your success. If you face life with the attitude that things will go wrong – they probably will. But if you tackle problems and challenges head on, you are much more likely to succeed. After this little lesson, courtesy of the heavy duty stapler, I was able to go on and tackle numerous formatting problems in my word processing software!

Finally there is some light at the end of the tunnel. And against all reason, I took a week off and went far away to a place that might as well be above the clouds! While I was gone, no one finished my project, so I labor away for a little longer. I long for the day when I can be carefree. I am savoring the memories from my vacation and trying to get to that more carefree place. In the meantime, the sunrises and sunsets lift my spirits, no matter how low I feel or how tired I am.
Thank you for all of your comments!

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

A staple of success! [groan]. Glad you got a vacation. I know what you mean about the work. I am going to die with a pile of work in front of me. I want to go to that carefree place too, but am under the mistaken impression that hard work is going to take me there. I will never learn.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

Beautiful images & I can relate to you post. You go girl!

I love your bloggy name. ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Geeze, talk about the perfectly timed inspirational message... I needed that! :) Thanks.

BTY, nice shots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home