Saturday, June 17, 2006

ready for that 12-step?

I wasn’t going to do any photography today.  I let myself sleep-in this morning figuring that I might actually get more done if I were rested.  I spent part of the day backing up my photos and making backups of my backups.  Then this evening, I stepped outside to take out the trash and there staring me in the face, taunting me really, were some beautiful faintly lit, last light of the day, clouds.  I couldn’t resist.  But the streetlight was in the way, so I had to go up to the park.  It was nearly dark but the northern sky had some beautiful peach color to it.  So I had to walk to the other side of the park, to the edge overlooking the rabbitbrush hillside.  My pictures didn’t turn out as well as I thought they did when I took them – they would have benefited from a tripod – but I enjoyed the cool air and the subtle yet vibrant colors.  There is really no hope for me…..

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Ah yes, I receognize the symptoms! Phorographic OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder. I think many of us can relate!

It's 5:20 in the morning, and I'm heading out for a hilltop to catch the sunrise!

So, where's the meeting?

By the way, it's time to add you to my blogroll, if you don't have any objections.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

The top photo is stunning. I love the way you composed it, placing that fascinating cloud between the two trees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home