Saturday, September 30, 2006

hidden areas


Saturday morning brings a little more flexibility into the sunrise routine. I slept in a little so I needed a close-by location. Near me is a complex of large multi-story office buildings. They sit on a hillside (the lower slopes of Green Mountain) and are surrounded by walking trails, lakes and trees.

Although far from pristine, there is a little wilderness here.


I had the park to myself this early but as soon as the sun rose, I met the ever-present dogs and their handlers. This is a pleasant way to meet dogs – they are so happy to be out and usually their handlers are too! I talked to one man this morning who was curious about my photography. He told me to be sure and photograph the red trees across the road. In addition to the offices, this park is surrounded by hundreds of condos and apartments.

I have a much different feeling for these little hidden areas now from the one I see in my car as I drive by!





2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Paul said...

What a lovely morning out! I often meet strangers and get engaged in conversation, too. It's good that they don't start to show up until it's after sunrise!

I know a few people now. We see each other regularly. It's a nice time of morning before people get all caught up in their daily ritual.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jill Homer said...

You capture the most amazing sunrises. I am always jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home