Friday, September 22, 2006

don't look away!


I almost gave up this morning because it was so dark when I got started photographing the sunrise.   That and the fact that I had to dodge the big automatic sprinklers.  I walked around and then noticed a bit of pink in the thick cloud just above the horizon.  The sprinklers finished their time cycle and I got to see a beautiful sunrise after all.  It is amazing to see how quickly the color changes.  If you were to go away for about 13 minutes you would have missed it all and if gone for 8 minutes you would have missed the most intense colors!  Hard to believe.  This particular color lasted for about one minute!

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Wow -- this one is striking...hard to believe colors like that are possible in a sunrise.

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture is again beautiful, as all of your pictures are.

I wonder if you might have caught a dawn rainbow through the sprinklers if the timing of the sprinklers and the sun coming up and the angle were all just right against a dark background of the as yet unlit part of the sky.
Normally, rainbows are seen against the dark rainclouds with the sun coming at the moisture from an angle. That might just be possible without the dark raincloud but using the dark sky instead, and the mist from the sprinklers.

v
Now THAT would be a unique picture that I doubt anyone has ever tried before...
In my mind's eye, I can just see it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home