Wednesday, September 13, 2006

city fishing


I was out early this morning, foolishly without a jacket (temperatures in the low 40’s)! I got to the lake before the geese woke up! There is actually a time before sunrise when they float silently on the water. I took a few shots before it got too light for my liking and started to head home.
I couldn’t resist stopping at a nearby reservoir to capture a fishermen and a couple of walkers in the distance as they enjoy their special morning routine. It beats sitting in the drive-up window line at the Starbucks, which sits just off to the southeast of this photo. I was tempted to pull into that line to capture ‘sunrise from the Starbucks drive-up’ but then I thought better!

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought I'd try commenting from my new photoblog. It is Blogger Beta, so not sure this is going to work.

Anyhow... enjoying your sunrises!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Always enjoy the sunrise shots. I am driving up the highway during sunrise, headed to my "real" job, so it's anything but serene and peaceful. HONK HONK!!! (and that's not geese)

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sunrise photos. There are many, many, many places that are much better than the drive-up lane at Starbucks! :-)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Good stuff:-)

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Roberta S said...

Beautiful shots that give peace and calm without even being there. I'm glad you skipped the Starbucks shot -- I fear it might have ruined the sweet emotion provided by the others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home