Wednesday, August 30, 2006

votary*


I got to bed very late last night – actually very early this morning. So last night before I went to sleep, I gave myself permission to miss the sunrise this morning. That might give you a clue to just how addictive the power of watching and photographing the sunrise is in my life. In a very real sense, I draw my personal power from witnessing and photographing these kinds of natural events.

So, I slept in until 6:00 a.m.

I got up and fed the cats and started the coffee, feeling fine with my decision NOT to go up the hill to watch the sunrise. After all, it was already VERY light out, much lighter than I prefer because as I have said before, it is the hour before sunrise that fascinates me the most. I like the darkness long before the sky lightens up.

Then I glanced out the window and saw the pink streaks across the sky and I dropped what I was doing and threw on some clothes and managed to get a few photographs just before the clouds turned white as the sun rose.

Go Ahead – call me an addict!

* I am also a little bit of an addict of online dictionaries.

**but I am really READY to start my day!


3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Sounds to me like someone needs to get into 12 Step recovery... I'll keep a seat warm for you :)

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Addict!!! :-)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Good word! I love dictionaries as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home