Friday, September 01, 2006

habits


The feel in the air is one of autumn. I wear a jacket now as I head up to the field. The grass covering the soccer field is lush and green and WET. It is cold against my sandal-covered feet. I smell mushrooms and damp earth as I check out my favorite spots to watch the sunrise. This morning is cold, in the 40’s and dark with a larger bank of clouds covering the smaller bank of intense color. I am so impatient these days!! I take a few photos and then head home for that first cup of coffee. As I check out my favorite blogs, I glance out the window and see some gorgeous colors. I grab the camera, leave the jacket (and the steaming cup of coffee!) behind and begin again.

It’s a good thing I live close to Top of the World Park!

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great location! It's not in the 40s here just yet. This morning it did dip into the 60s (68), so Autumn is in the air. I can't wait to hit the mountains in early October to catch the leaves in all of their glory. I've missed it the last 2 years because of work, but not this year.

To bad about the impatience. :-) At that time of the day, I can think of nothing better to do than to sit there and watch.

Beautiful photos, as usual.
Regards,

Paul

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

What lovely photos. Here in Florida it's still summer in every way. I am so looking forward to the first morning I go outside and feel that wonderful hint of fall in the air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home