Friday, September 01, 2006

Book TAGGED!


Blueberry has tagged me – also my first tag. I don’t read like I used to – I used to read religiously every night before going to sleep. Now I read in much shorter sessions and I read less fiction.

A book that changed my life

“The Metamorphosis” by Franz Kafka. I read this book in high school and it sparked my imagination and snapped me out of typical teen age mental lethargy, at least a little. It solidified a connection between words and mental images and was something way outside of my reading comfort zone.

A book I’ve read more than once

“Animal Dreams” by Barbara Kingsolver

A book I would take with me if I were stranded on a desert island

Nothing seems like an obvious choice, but I might take “Pronoia is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings” by Rob Brezsny. It is a fairly long book with lots of uplifting thoughts and exercises and activities.

A book that made me laugh

“America (The Book) A Citizen’s Guide to Democracy Inaction” by Jon Stewart, Ben Karlin and David Javerbaum

This book is written like a textbook – it is good for hours and hours of laughs!

A book that made me cry*

“Animal Dreams” by Barbara Kingsolver (I know, this is a repeat but I really love this book and * it is not difficult to make me cry)

A book that I wish had been written

In rather myopic fashion, the only thing that comes to mind is the book I want to write!

A book I wish had never been written

The Case for Democracy by Sharansky – WHY? Even though I haven’t read it, George Bush has praised it as the best argument for his vision of a democratic world order. Maybe I should just wish that George Bush never had the chance to read and mis-interpret it!!

A book I’ve been meaning to read

No specific title but I want to read a good biography of Mark Twain – I am open to suggestions!

A book I’m currently reading

The Handbook of Everyday Wisdom: A User’s Guide to Living” by Val Serrie.


I will have to think whom all I want to tag but I’ll start with Val at Don’t Get Me Started Hope you don’t mind.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what being 'booktagged' involves. But okay...

v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home