Saturday, March 10, 2007

one foot in spring




We are having our first rain of the season. If it keeps raining, there is a very good chance that the rain will melt the rest of the snow that lingers in shady patches. The sunrise was all clouds except for the tiniest glimmer of light.

I am thinking about 5 things that I want to do before I pass from this life, since George, the Bike Riding Donut Guy asked me to – I need one more day! Tomorrow!

This time of year we have one foot in winter and the other in spring. Blended together it can be rather bland. With the warm cloudy weather today, it is hard to imagine piles of snow. But March without snow would probably be some kind of record-breaker!


(photo taken Dec. 4, 2006)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Really beautiful shots! That water scene is like a fairyland. How has daylight savings changed your sunrise activities? Are you free to flex time and still get out there, or will the shots be a lot darker for awhile? I wish they wouldn't change it, actually just leave it on daylight savings and not Fall back.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Thank you Blueberry! I am not fond of the change to daylight saving. I don't mind the darkness but now it does push sunrise very close to work time. While my schedule is flexible, it just means I will get there later and my boss tends to construe that as "lack of committment" It seems for every pro- argument there is a con- argument as well. I could be happy without any change. On the positive side, I guess I could now sleep in a few extra minutes!

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing more that I can say except: I love this!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home