Thursday, June 24, 2010

Graduation - 2010 style

Life is a jumble of experiences, moving too fast, seemingly not enough time to catch my breath yet sometimes just trying to to relax and pass the time. It is time to center and re-focus. I am tired of Alzheimer's being the focus of my life. A friend just loaned me a book that proposes a new way to manage the person with Alzheimer's. It looks promising.

I have hardly had time to process many of these recent experiences. Like my son's graduation, summa cum laude with a degree in mechanical engineering. I could not be more proud of him and this accomplishment. He worked hard but didn't seem to sacrifice fun. We attended graduation which, sorry to say, was a long, drawn out boring affair. Yes boring. Pretty much each person is there to see one person walk across the stage and be announced. But it is a rite of passage. Graduation 2010 style, my son sent me a text message from the floor during the ceremony telling me how bored he was. That set off a flurry of text messages back and forth. I tried to amuse myself with some 'creative' photography. Thank you to the man with the shiny bald head :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Steve Skinner said...

Congrats to you and the graduate! I also love the head shot.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Congratulations to all! I'm not fond of roll-call ceremonies either. Looks like this one was a time of "reflection" -- oh that's a bad shiny head joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home