Saturday, April 18, 2009

new friend in the neighborhood


Winter, in the form of a large spring snowstorm, returned yesterday. The totals varied widely but over here on the west side of Denver, we received almost two feet of wet, HEAVY snow. I ran out yesterday morning before work and put down some fertilizer on the grass. I am so pleased with myself!! In any case, spring is going to positively ERUPT after this deluge of moisture.

For several years I have bemoaned the lack of snowmen that appear after each snowstorm. What are kids thinking these days? Or maybe I am just not paying attention. So today, I resolved to do my part. I discovered it isn't quite like riding a bicycle - you do forget. The snow was so heavy and I was so impatient to 'decorate' that I threw the snowman together and thoroughly enjoyed the search for eyes and nose and mouth. I had fun and managed to avoid most responsible activity - although I did do a little shoveling. When the sun returns tomorrow, I won't have much to do to get out of my drive-way. But I suspect my friend won't stick around long!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Steve Skinner said...

I love the guy's nose ring.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

It's weird to be seeing a recent snowman pic. We are supposed to be 90 deg today. Summer is almost here! I will miss the occasional coolness.

I do want to spend some time looking through your travel albums.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I wish you could bring this snowman to Austin! Just visiting this post makes it seem cooler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home