Monday, February 02, 2009

life changes

Between work, the situation with my Aunt in New York City AND my new camera :), I have had little time to blog. But I have a feeling things are about to change - just possibly in a major way.

I started this post over a week ago and it seems as if a lifetime has passed. I just returned from a quick trip to NYC and am back in the overworked workload condition at my office. I need to be focused and productive.
I need to be sleeping :)

I had intended to bring my Aunt back to stay with me but she had other ideas. She is at that place in life when independence is a fragile condition. Just two days after leaving her, she is now ready to leave her apartment in Manhattan and come to stay here. Is it a visit? Is it forever? She has some form of dementia but not so much that the Aunt I have known since birth is gone. She is still there. She has a group of 12 nieces and nephews who are working together to find the best options for her. I am looking forward to giving her some TLC but I am a bit apprehensive about just what I am getting myself into....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Steve Skinner said...

Likely in the short term it will be difficult, but in the long run helping your Aunt will pay you great dividends!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Wow that is a big step. Keep us posted. Glad to see the thread of photos continues to tie it all together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home