Thursday, November 13, 2008

de-evolution of a coffee snob


Almost a month later and I am still harping on coffee??

Like most people, I am trying to cut costs these days. I've never been a big fan of Starbucks but I have been a supporter of a local coffee roaster. It costs less than Starbucks but it still is in the $8/lb range. SO....

Here I sit, 3 cups of Kroger coffee later, and I am feelin' good! It almost tastes better than...?*

What to cut next?
*little secret Starbuck's doesn't want you to know

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I will always think about my mothers' coffee as the best I ever had. She used Folger's, kept the opened can (with a lid on it) at room temp on the countertop, and made it in an old electric percolator that was well-stained. It was served in a hefty cup with sugar and a squirt of Borden's (from a little can with 2 holes punched in the top using an icepick) that was kept in the fridge. I wonder if it was just my imagination or whether the coffee really was the best. Maybe it's the same thing either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home