Sunday, October 08, 2006

beauty of yesterday


It has been a week marked by many miles traveled, too few hours slept and memories built. My philosophy on sleep is: don’t miss anything due to a silly need to sleep!! I do have memories as a child of being forced to take naps during which I listened to the sounds of nature to stave off boredom.

I have a little side project going in which I photograph sunrise every day for one year. It is kind of a silly idea and I am not really committed. But just in case, I have not missed a morning since the beginning of Fall.


This morning was cloudy with a chilly wind. I walked up to Top of the World to seek some interesting images of the (NOT) sunrise. The first thing I noticed was the smell of gasoline in the air. Looking around for the source, I could see way down the hill to the Safeway gas pumps and a tanker truck filling the underground storage tanks. It was rather shocking to me, just how far the fumes carry.


Welcome to the cloudy smelly sunrise of October 8, 2006.
The most critical tool for today is my watch so that I know when the sun has risen! Usually when I am up at Top of the World Park, it is to chase sunrise, sunset or some other spectacular event. But this morning, everywhere I look; even the clouds don’t seem that exciting. I found myself looking and seeing the beauty of yesterday!

3 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Beautiful as usual:-)

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think that that is a great project. It is one that will require considerable discipline! One thing is for sure, you'll have 365 different ways that Top of the World park can be seen.

You'll have exceptional, average, disappointing, snowy, rainy, foggy, misty, etc. type of mornings. In the end, you should get your favorite photos and make a small table book. :-) Or at least a virtual table book so that we can see it online!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Wow! Look at that double rainbow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home