Thursday, October 19, 2006

excited about winter!


After scrambling yesterday to put snow tires on my car, I felt pleased with myself for finding some of my ‘real’ winter clothes! But my plans fell apart when I foolishly walked up to Top of the World in OPEN BACK SHOES. I did have warm, thick socks on but my shoes scooped up the snow and within minutes my heels were wet and freezing!

At the top of the steps leading to Top of the World, I couldn’t help but exhale at the beauty of winter extending out before me, like stepping foot in a different world. A frozen world, a thin layer of snow just barely, yet completely covering that green grass and those beautiful fall leaves. The sky was mostly clear of clouds, just a few to add some beauty to the sunrise. The mist of cold mixed with my warm breath to remind me that it is time to stop being casual about dressing for the cold, even if I am not going up Green Mountain!


Like everyday that I am up here, I marvel at the beauty and peace that I find here. It is in such contrast to the cars speeding down the hill on their way to work. After a hot bath and dry clothes, I am ready to join them.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, winter, I remember winter. I made a promise to myself some time ago that I would live in a place where I would never see my breath again. I think I have kept that promise :) But by golly, it sure is beautiful to look at.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

We had stuff looking almost like this -- sides of the trees, but not as deep...not sure I'm ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home