Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sunrise on Day One of Year Two


The day is finally here.

It has been one year since I started my blog, Pajama Library. This feels more important to me than the change from one calendar year to the next. But like that transition, I will contemplate the changes that have occurred and look forward to the future and what it might hold and what I have planned.

To me, this year of blogging has been a most enjoyable and satisfying experience. At first, it was a chance to pour out a lot of emotions. But it morphed into documenting my philosophy of life and then…I discovered photography. Before PL, I always enjoyed photography and took quite a few photos but something changed. A passion has settled over me and I feel joy and excitement and I no longer wonder what I will be when I grow up!! Even if I never become a “paid professional” I will continue to pursue this as if it is the most important thing in my life (well there might be a few other important things and people!!!). It is just SO much fun – I love it and I see no end in sight
I have a MILLION ideas and avenues to pursue.


A big part of the satisfaction of keeping a blog is the contact and interaction with other bloggers. My list of blogs that I visit is woefully out of date plus there is a long list of photo bloggers that I visit everyday. One resolution of mine is to update that so that the circle is complete. Thank you all for your blogs and willingness to express yourselves in this way and thank you for your encouragement! I am going to move to beta blogger as soon as work gets a little less crazy.

Finally, looking over the past year would not be complete or honest if I did not mention an incredible love, both exciting and nourishing that has found its way into my life. I never in my wildest dreams expected this to happen but it has made me realize even more just how precious life is and how time is our greatest resource.

I started out this year talking about embracing and celebrating life – I see no reason to change.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

The heavens have smiled on you that is for sure, with talent, and friendships and that illusive love. I am happy for you and visit your site often.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Congrats on the blog birthday and congrats on the new love!

You were one of my earliest visitors...thank for joining me now and again on this journey!

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! 1 year! Time flies! I've got a bit to go before my 1 year, but I'm enjoying it. Here's to another fun filled year!

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole year! Goes fast, doesn't it? I really enjoy the sanity and scenery over here -- sunrises, sunsets, nature, cats!! All the good stuff!! Nice right now to see all the snow pics since it really doesn't snow where I am, nothing beyond a dusting that melts the next day and that's about once a year. You wouldn't call it snow, believe me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home