Wednesday, November 22, 2006

child's delight


The morning and evening skies have been spectacular the last few days. This morning was no exception. I got out of the house as the clouds took on a golden glow and drove a couple of places before I settled on a park that is tucked in between the giant office buildings not too far from where I live. This area is surrounded by condos and apartments and … of course …people walking their dogs.

The massive buildings bothered me at first until I noticed the reflections of the morning color on their glass facades. Soon, pink clouds filled the blue sky while at the same time, a deep orange magenta settled on the horizon. A man walking his dogs told me he had to sit down at the picnic table so that he could see the whole sunrise (as if he might fall over!). This would have been the perfect sunrise to lie on the ground and look up at the clouds.


pink to white in 2 minutes

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

So beautiful, and again this evening as I left work and saw a similiar pink/orange sunset, I said to myself thank you K.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

That's way cool.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Paul said...

That's why I love the edges of the day. They change so quickly! Again, beautiful shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home