Thursday, December 28, 2006

Blizzard of 2006 – ROUND 2!!!


The storm report kept getting more and more serious as the week progressed. It appears to be just as big as the original Blizzard of 2006! In fact, we may get more snow than the last one. I got all prepared last night – put gas in the car and bought groceries. My dad called this afternoon to check on me. He wanted to know if I had a good supply of bourbon!!

I felt lucky just to get up my street. The city never plowed and the road has been covered with deep rutted ice and a thick layer of cement-like loose snow. This afternoon it was made more challenging because of the additional 6 inches of snow and the debris from several stuck cars.

But I made it home and I am here to stay – for several days if I need to. If I want to get out, I will travel by snowshoe!!

I will however have to continue to worry about my younger son and his friends who are stuck in traffic on I-70 in the mountains trying to get home.

12:30 a.m. update: younger son is home after a 7 hour drive that normally takes a little over an hour! On his way home, he told me he was going to come home and then go out again! After a few more hours snowbound on I70, he traded this wish for a hot shower and a warm bed. It is not a fit night out for man nor beast!

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Good grief!! Glad you're finally cozied in with snowshoes at the ready and plenty of bourbon. ;-)

Hope the power holds.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention food. Are you going to be surviving on crackers and cheese?
I wonder what happens if you order a pizza delivered??

I hope you are all set for this.

v

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Paul said...

LOL! I don't think that Dominoes is offering a guarantee for this night! Better to drink the bourbon and stay by a nice, cozy fire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home