Monday, December 04, 2006

heat wave!

Out the back window, the sunrise looked deceptively dull. There were no clouds to be seen rather a simple peach glow to the horizon. I bundled up, with yesterday’s near frostbite experience (or so it seemed) weighing heavily on my mind.


As soon as I stepped out, I knew I had been mistaken. The 20º F felt balmy and there were the most beautiful clouds sitting atop Green Mountain, waiting to show off a spectacular pink riot.

The colors toward sunrise were VERY-lightly pastel and the most interesting sight was all of the sledding footprints and the texture of the snow-surface. I got right down in the snow on my hands and knees to take a few pictures. Never once did I feel cold except for my hands and a brief protest over putting the mittens back on!


Just as promised, the sky lit up over Green Mountain...

4 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Beautiful pinks!

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited Colorado for the first time about a year ago. I knew I would love it, and I did. You have such a beautiful view. I envy you. I live in Boston and it is nice in other ways but seriously lacks mountains.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Whoa! Talk about an attack of pink! Beautiful! We've had some pinks around here the last few cool, crisp mornings, but nothing of this magnatude!

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beautiful it makes my chest feel heavy.

i searched crystal patterns and i found this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home