Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Full Moon Setting at Sunrise


The sunrise this morning was beautiful and challenging to photograph. I have the most trouble when there are dark clouds next to bright clear sky and often some colorful banks of bright clouds. I cannot seem to find a camera setting to maximize all of these competing features. As I looked around me, I noticed a bright spot over Green Mountain and thought to myself that it looked like a hole in the clouds. Then it dawned on me that I was seeing the full moon breaking free of a cloak of cover just as it was about to set behind the mountain. If I had been aware, I would have been looking for the setting full moon. Instead it announced itself with great drama.

"challenging" sunrise!

3 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Love that moon, cool shot!

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, that moon shot is great. i just discovered your blog the other day and so far i'm loving it!

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great moon shot!!! Fantastic, Ptelea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home