Sunday, March 11, 2007

things I want to do.....


I am not a list person. Well, I do make lists of the unimportant things like chores for the day and what bills are due what day of the month, etc. “Things I want to do before I die” is an internal list that keeps changing, depending on my state of mind. A few things keep popping up, so I guess these are my top five or six…..

Visit Italy – not for a few days but for at least 2 weeks or longer if possible. I want to go to a few of the famous places like Venezia and Firenze, but also to as many places as I can as suggested by a native Italian.

Live in a very small house somewhere on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. If I cannot or choose not to move there, I would like to find such a place to stay for an entire summer.

Get my financial affairs in order

Have more close friends or possibly get married

Go on as many back-road trips as I possibly can and photograph what I see

Pass on some of the knowledge that I have picked up about life – by volunteering my time and writing at least one book (I have at least one book in mind)


So there you have it – I am pretty much of a dreamer who luckily has a fair amount of common sense – or at least enough to survive!!

p.s. one of my beliefs is: Don’t just survive – Thrive!!

p.p.s. I know this is more than six things –

5 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

An excellent image and it seems just right for your musings.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Welcome cdcootie - thank you for your comment. This is one small corner of a rather highly developed city park that I have never photographed before. I plan to spend some more time with these trees!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo seems like an album cover. The title could be, "The Secrets of Trees", or something similar.
Beautiful shot. Again.

v

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Indeed.

You have an eye for beauty:-)

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ptelea. That's a wonderful list and I sincerely hope that you will pursue each and every one of them. I know that you won't regret it. Can you just imagine yourself, camera in hand, visiting/living in all of the places that you mentioned? It all sounds fantastic to me. Where to first? Italy? Set at date and do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home