Thursday, July 05, 2007

sunrise after the rain


Summer heat has settled in. Now it seems like the desert that it is. Being on the river early morning is sometimes a break from the desert. But when it heats up, there is no escape. Yesterday there were widely scattered afternoon storms. Some areas got between one and two inches of rain. At my sister’s house we got a couple of sprinkles. At Los Lunas, where we worked today, they must have gotten more. When I got dropped off, the sun was rising over fields covered in fog. All of the plants were dripping in water. Soon I was soaking wet – just another day in the bosque!



One of my favorite parts of each work day is that moment when I break out of the forest and step out onto a sandbar in the river.


4 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Hi, P.! Happy to read that you're out in the field, after those elusive birdies! And nice to see your pictures are as beautiful as ever. Thanks for your comment over at my new place. Linking you up! Best to you and yours,...Neil

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Rain, what's rain? Could you share some of yours with us out here?

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Nice photos and blog.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, they have plenty of the wet stuff in Texas! :-) Kathy, I'm glad to see that you are enjoying yourself so much! Beautiful shots! I can see why you love the sandbar. It is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home