Saturday, June 28, 2008

grand passion for tree houses?

cool, cloudy, in the 60's, trying to ignore the neighbor across the street who is dismantling a sheet metal shed with a sledge hammer. What a way to waste a beautiful peaceful time of day!



a tree house is a place where you can give free rein to your individual creativity

The other day, I happened to buy the newspaper and found an article on tree houses. The images and first few words were all that it took to spark my imagination. Without any deep thought, I have decided that when I retire, I want to live in a tree house.

It appears that I have company. One thing is for sure, the Colorado Rockies may not be the best place to build one. Generally, our trees are not big enough. One other retirement fantasy that I have had for years is to retire to the Olympic Peninsula. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger. Hmm, I wonder if this is the beginning of a grand passion?

p.s. I might actually be able to afford a tree house!!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a tree house would be a great idea until the winter storms hit! You had better save your pennies as the Olympic Peninsula has been discovered and the prices have gone nuts. About the only place in Western Washington this is still relatively affordable are area line Long Beach and Ilwaco.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Paul said...

That looks like fun for a day of springtime play, but kind of drafty! :-)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I always wanted to live in a tree house. Tarzan made it look easier than it really is, though, I'm sure.
;-)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

I didn't say it was a realistic "grand passion" I may need some kind of elevator to get up and down!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I gave you an award! The Arte y pico. LINK

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I rather like the idea of having a house on a hillside where you can look out in one direction and feel as if you are in the trees. Nothing beats terra firma. It’s funny how the closer you get to the big R the more you start thinking about what it will be like.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just been viewing and reading about your new cats and job and yard ambitions :-) There certainly would be less yard work in a tree house ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home