Monday, March 24, 2008

looking back to the 50's and 60's

My Mom with older sister and brother posing for our Easter photos, Colorado - 1950's

Too bad the spring weather in Colorado meant we had to wear coats over our Easter finery!

Seeing some Easter posts around has filled me with a flood of memories. I am organizing my boxes of old family photos right now. It is a slow and enjoyable task. First, I am quickly sorting the photos into general categories. So when I saw a sweet Easter photo of Blueberry at Texas Oasis, I knew right where to go to find some of my own:

"general family gatherings" & "Claire/Kathy/Craig/Bob"

My mother loved to dress us up for Easter, complete with new dresses that she made plus new shoes, gloves, hats and purses. I don't remember it as being something to impress others - but who knows. My mother liked to dress my sister and I alike long past childhood! But that is another story.My sister and I in twin dresses, older brother in bow tie

Easter - 60's Style, by now my older brother had died but I had a new little brother!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Did you ever wear those hats again?

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was it about Moms in the 60s, Easter, and new cloths? I Mom would outfit us with a new outfit for Easter every year but as we lived in New England, no one ever saw it because it was always under out winter coat!

Your photos have inspired me to take a look through the old family photos and maybe I’ll do a posting in a few days when my bronchitis clears up a bit.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Blueberry - I don't recall ever seeing the hats again! That is kind of odd now that you mention it! Maybe it was all for show - but then my mom was a big hat person her whole life.

Steve - if you have half as much fun going through old photos as I am having - you'll really enjoy it. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home