Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Haven for what?


My 85 year old Dad just came for a visit. Since I don't have t.v. I had to think of ways to entertain him. Since we lived in this part of Colorado in several homes and locations going back to 1954, I thought of taking us all on an "old home tour." I will tell that story another day after I have scanned the old photos of our homes.

We stopped at a park for lunch and along one side was this house for sale. As I was eating my lunch, I had thoughts of living in the tiny village where I spent my first years - in a cool little fixed up home. I decided to have a peek and let my imagination run wild.


"Haven Properties" may be a fine little company but the name stuck out like a sore thumb in front of this place. The yard is completely overgrown and tinder-dry (not unlike the rest of Colorado!) and somehow, this little house did not give off any cute little fixed-up vibes!

It seems that it is a haven for wasps - one of my least favorite creatures on this planet.

No Thanks Haven Properties
I think I will put my imagination to work fixing up the much bigger fixer-upper that I already own.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Hey I do that too sometimes. I'll see a cute place and my imagination runs wild. I create a whole little scenario in my mind. Feels good too. But that house, nope, just not there.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Friðvin said...

I can't begin to tell you how many hours I've spend on realtor.com doing this exact same thing. What would I do to this $18,000 house to make it mine?

And then after awhile, I realize what I should have been doing to my house to make it "mine" instead of wasting time daydreaming.

:lol:

But it is therapeutic in many ways.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Looks like that house could use a LOT of TLC. I hope that they are selling it for next to nothing because it sure doesn't have any "curb appeal" at all. Yikes!

The first thing to go, of course, would be the wasps nests!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home