Wednesday, November 02, 2005

FOCUS



Today I will focus on being focused! I will go to work and focus on getting some mapping done. I will come home and …. focus on dinner (I will be nice and make dinner for my 17-year old son – he does get hungry!) …. focus on paying bills (I hate this task but it doesn’t get done if I don’t do it – I am Head of Household)…. focus on re-writing my online dating profile (to reflect my low tolerance for bullshit) and .... focus on relaxing. But for the next few minutes, I will focus on getting these thoughts out …. so that I can focus on ….

Right now, the color of the leaves on my maple tree that I am looking at out my living room window is so gorgeous that I can hardly stand it. I want to sit here watching it until all of the leaves fall off – I do not want to miss any of its beauty. I love the way the huge leaves make a pattern on the grass below. I even like to rake periodically so that I can see this ever-changing pattern. Yesterday morning, we had some wind that blew away all of the leaves on the ground so that the tree could start over making its patterns. Last week, my older son took a photo of me and my younger son standing in front of the tree. I don’t really like this picture of me but then I rarely do like pictures of myself. My son looks good as usual and he always likes the way he looks! I look at myself and realize that I have basically the same hair style that I wore when I was about six years old:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/Ptelea/twin_kf.jpg

There have been changes in between but that is still kind of strange, don’t you think?

My computer has crashed about 4 times in the course of writing this – pushing the limits of my goal of being focused today. I had to resort to eating a piece of Halloween candy during each re-boot. This is not looking like a good day. Wait a second though – am I going to let my screwed up computer dictate my life to me? I will just add the phrase …. focus on finding a new CPU! ASAP!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Jeen Lilly,

Yes - feeding teenage boys can be a full-time job. My son ate a big dinner at 6 but was hungry for another dinner by 8!

If you don't ask me, I won't ask you how the focusing went. All I will admit to is that my list changed - isn't flexibility a good thing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home