Saturday, December 17, 2005

Growing Old Together

The Old Bag wrote a sweet post today about her cat, Oscar. It made me think of my relationship with my kitty, Wiskerz. He is shameless in the way he takes advantage of my love for him. When all of his considerable physical needs are FINALLY met,

Add to list of peculiar demands – Wiskerz expects a drink of water
from my hands every time I take a bath


he follows me around and wants that close companionship. He is about 14 years old and I am 52 years old. Is this called growing old together?

5 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes think about the weirdest things. For instance, I am wondering how you took this shot. Both hands are in the picture, but I'm sure you didn't put a tripod in the tub with you, yet you needed to operate the camera. So, given the assumed position of the camera based on angle, distance and perspective, and considering the logistics of where you were, I am assuming you used a timer on the camera, and had it perched on your shoulder. Is this true? LOL

v

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

The only one who can answer this question is Wiskerz and he's not talking!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

I like that he's still
your kitty
even at 14
and I wish you
many more years together

-TOB

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

We all wish for someone who loves us so much they want to drink our bath water!! ha ha! I was wondering the same thing as anon about how that picture got taken, pretty fancy photography. I will just wait and see if Wiskerz wants to give away his secrets.

Alex has us trained so well in turning on the water faucet for him, we are not more than "the water apes". OH! If they had opposable thumbs they wouldn't even need us anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home