Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hour Before Sunrise - Again


Does the sky really look like this? Yes - intense colors; yet still rather dark. Sometimes there are tiny pockets of intense blue, like daylight sky poking through the sunrise colors. I try to find camera settings that let you see this.

I like seeing the reflection of sunrise on the large glass windows of my son’s high school.

Just like there are regulars on Green Mountain, I am discovering that there are regulars on the soccer field and track: both man and beast. Now I am one of the regulars. But what I witness each morning never becomes routine.

At least that is what my heart tells me!

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, these are staggeringly beautiful. But you're cheating, arent you? You live immersed in such beauty, you can just point the camera anywhere and out comes incredible scenes, right?? (kidding)

It strikes me that this last scene is pretty close to your previous pictures of the same tree and scene even.

I wonder if you could make a series like that? Put the camera in exactly the same spot facing the exact same angle at the exact same focal length, etc. and then do that at different times of the day and on different days?

Wouldn't that make an interesting series of photos mounted beside each other on a wall? Maybe a grid of them even. One week. 7 days. dawn, noon, dinner, and dusk. It would be interesting. In the aggregate it would invest a kernel of truth into an observer. A 'sense of place' for that place.

v

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Again, beautiful photos!

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home