Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I Could Just Cry!

I am a victim of my age: 52-year-old eyesight and poor memory!
When I am photographing the sunrise, I try lots of camera settings. Because all of the menu icons are SO small and it is rather dark, sometimes I get a little sloppy as I cursor through them. Well, today I pay the price. I experience another one of those OMG, never to see again sunrises and what do I do????? I accidentally set the camera to imprint each image with the time and date.

Please tell me as I sit down with my cup of coffee and the camera manual that this isn’t a permanent part of the image. After all, this is the digital age, right?I could just scream!

Oh well, since it is the digital age, there are unlimited choices of software programs that will allow me to ‘erase’ this obnoxious information.
(Dammit it is just more work!)

I will try to embrace this extra bit of knowledge as I focus on what is important:Another breathtaking start to a beautiful day and lessons learned!

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

Ptelea, I'm so sorry for your woes!

I got so tired of digging in my purse for my readers that I finally got a real pair of glasses -- funky frames with lenses of nothin' but glass and progressive bifocals. I leave them on my face all the time.

And yes, Photoshop can stamp out those dates and times, but yes it's more work....

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - you were in Texas and didn't tell me!
These look like Texas sunsets to me.
Absolutely beautiful.

Most advanced paint programs will allow you to erase the time and date stamp. for the first one, Just draw a box around it and fill the box with the color you sample from the surrounding ground. It's almost black.

For the one in the clouds - that's a little more work. A smudge tool to spread the surrounding colors of cloud and sky over the offending digits, should do the trick.

Stunning pictures. I want to make some like those...
v

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, after looking at it a little more - the easiest thing to do is simply crop both pictures. cropping the first gives you more sky and less dark ground. I like that effect.
Cropping the side off the other one gives and interesting effect - as if it makes the picture seem taller - reaching up into the sky.
It's easy, quick, and it would make these two even beter in some ways.

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

I fixed for ya:-)

I didn't know where to stick them on your blog, so I uploaded them to my Flickr account. They are in my "misc" folder .....

I left them at full res too :-)

Here'e the link........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikeridingdonutguy/sets/1335922/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home