Thursday, December 29, 2005

lordy! you call this bounty?

Where Not To Find Your New Years Resolutions! Seriously, I do get into New Years Resolutions – actually I make resolutions year round. So now is no different. I have been reading fellow blogger resolutions and want to add my discovery to the list. I found this package of paper napkins in the lunchroom at work and was moved to read the napkins for the very fine list of resolutions printed on them. My first actual thought was why do we need Signature Series napkins and what the heck does that mean? Maybe my ‘over-reaction’ is a result of not watching t.v. or reading newspapers. When I do come in contact with ridiculous advertising, it just gets me ranting. And while I sincerely do love heartfelt sayings and lists of positive affirmations, this is just a bunch of crap.

6 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

Look, how bad off does your life have to be that you'd be taking advice from your napkins? I think that's several steps below the kitten on the end of the rope "hang in there, baby."

Pretty funny find. Made me smile, thanks.

Mike

http://bornatthecrestoftheempire.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Mike,

Thanks for your comment - it made me laugh.

J.L.,

Ahhh the white chocolate covered Oreo - the reason I was in the lunchroom in the first place!

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the message is a good one, I don't care where I get it from. T.P., Bounty paper napkins, or even a printed potato chip.

I once learned an important lesson from a housefly. I was sitting in a restaurant with a window directly beside my table. A housefly was trying desperately to push it's way through the window to get outside, when not 12 feet away behind it was a double-door opened wide. The fly was never going to penetrate the glass window no matter how long or how hard he tried. But behind him was a huge 8-ft wide opportunity to fly free and away if only the fly would turn around and look there.

It made me realize that persistence is only good up to a point. At some point, common sense should tell us to step back and re-evaluate our options and make a different choice.

Lesson from a fly.
v

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

V. I understand what you are saying - it is good to be open to any lesson - but when I see 'stuff' like this - I see that the original intention is to sell me something and I take it in the spirit that it was given as in - $$$ - no soul there.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I'm gonna write a bunch of resolutions on my butt and then go around showing everyone my suggestions.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Neil, you are becoming the man who conjures up disturbing images :-D If you need bail money, let me know, I'll start a collection! Thanks for the laugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home