Monday, December 26, 2005

transitions


Today, one son is in Ventimiglia and the other is on his way to San Francisco. The next few days are a trial run for empty nest. It has always been hard to imagine them both gone, the younger one especially.

Even though I have shared custody of them for 15 years and they have traveled a lot, for some reason, I have decided to test the waters and view this as the beginning of the next phase of my life – on my own for the first time. As I compare notes with other mothers and am in awe that some of their children have barely been away from home for more than one night, I feel good that my sons are not afraid to venture out into life.

And in just a few days or weeks, both sons will be back in or near the nest, my break will be over and I will go back to imagining the next phase of my life. It will be here soon enough. Like always, I have more planned for today than is physically possible, not to keep busy but because there is so much to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home