Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Offerings


When mother nature is this inhospitable (temperature is now around 7ºF), my mind turns to warmer times. I am thinking about some of the offerings I have seen on Green Mountain. Once, right in the middle of the trail with bike tracks on either side, someone had taken the time to fashion a mound of soil, decorated with a small collection of wildflowers; Indian paintbrush, blazing star, goldenrod, little sunflower, and a few sprigs of sage for good measure. I was charmed both by the beauty of the display as well as the wonder of the mystery. Even though the flowers were beginning to wilt and the mystery will never be solved, they planted seeds of beauty and warmth that grow in me now, as I struggle to stay warm on this oh-so-frigid night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home