Saturday, January 14, 2006

Perspective

This day started out differently than expected which in a way is, as you would expect.  I went to bed last night committed to getting to the top of Green Mountain for the sunrise.  I got a late start and at the last minute decided to be safe and buy extra batteries.  As I exited the store, there were my beautiful row of spruce trees and cottonwoods that I spend so much time with at Top of the World Park.  In all the years I have lived in this neighborhood, I have never noticed my trees from this perspective and certainly not with this lighting.  I drove around frantically for a few minutes before finding a place from which to photograph.  I have to wonder what other perspectives I am missing but now I will know to be more open.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

...the delights we can find in our own backyard, if only we see.

Thanks for the reminder!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home