Saturday, January 07, 2006

Beaver Creek Snowshow Adventure Series - Race #2

It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny. I wasn’t feeling the best when I got up but a note from a friend encouraging me to GO knocked some sense into me. I was late getting out the door and although I should have been on the road, I had to stop and enjoy the beautiful sunrise. A late start means an extra hour in stop and go ski traffic. I just make sure I have coffee and music, lots of music. Then I sit back, relax and watch all the idiots get frustrated. Usually, I leave early, miss the traffic and wander around the ski area until race time. Today, I arrived at the snowshoe park (9800 ft. elevation) just in time to take a few photos and then we're OFF.
The course this time was much to my liking. I would describe it as rolling terrain with very little steep uphill or downhill. It was about 95% groomed trails; although it was so warm that the snow was fairly soft. There was very little slipping and I felt able to run when I wanted to without fear of twisted ankles or knees. I felt good about my time, an improvement over last month (never mind that the course was easier!). I met several new people and talked with some old friends.
The kind of day that makes me glad I do this sport.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Geez, and you showshoe too! Great pics again. That sunrise is gorgeous. Love that last one of the dead stumps in the snow too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home