Monday, November 06, 2006

back home


I vowed before bed last night to get up early and seek,

one more time,

the setting moon in pink sunrise glow.

I also decided that I would hike to the tower – breaking myself back into hiking in a slow and reasonable fashion.

It was still and warm this morning with no one on the trail but the deer and me. It is a very heady feeling having Green Mountain to oneself. There actually were other people on the mountain but we were separated by time and distance.

The trail starts out steep bringing you up above the city lights in a matter of minutes. Although it is rather monotonous to photograph there is something spectacular about the sea of city lights topped with the pink hour-before-sunrise-glow and the deep blue sky above, rather like peeking down on another world.

I found my sunrise moon as it welcomed me back home to Green Mountain.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Ptelea, I can't see a sunset (not up for sunrises yet) that does not remind me of you now. Tonight's was particularly wonderful. Thanks for my renewed appreciation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home