Sunday, October 29, 2006

return to yesterday


After yesterday, I knew that I would return. There were (and are) more photographs to be taken. As I drove over there, I could see the dark intense colors of the hour before sunrise in my rear view mirror. It was a cloudless morning, which can be rather anticlimactic. By the time I reached the base of Lookout Mountain where I was yesterday, the colors had faded to that eerie ‘colorless’ turning point of the hour before sunrise. At this time, the sky just keeps lightening up, the blue returns and the sun peaks up above the horizon OR something else happens! This morning, banks and streaks and swirls of clouds silently assembled almost without my awareness. They were there but I didn’t really see them.


Quite suddenly, a small cloud in the direction of Green Mountain turned pink and then the whole sky turned. From half way up the horizon and overhead all the way to the mountains in the west – the clouds developed an intense pink color. As always, the color lasted a few minutes, ever changing and then suddenly all were flashy white against the deep blue sky.



Phewwww!.... such drama!

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sequence of photo's is absolutely breathtaking. My favorite colors in the world. I could see the sequence of all three in a set with a black frame and enough matting to give it depth.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Very nice, I can almost eat the colors right off the monitor:-)

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a light show!!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!
Those two sentinel towers are just amazing to me. They look like something rigtht out of The Lord of the Rings. An ancient legacy left over from the days of the men of Numenor, when they first build the nation of Gondor, in the days of the first Kings....

I think they look full of stories and legends like that.

v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home