Thursday, November 09, 2006

down in the city


A late night checking on election results made it hard to get up this morning. I decided to go to a nearby city park with a lake for sunrise. I have been to this park before for sunset and to take the kids fishing many years ago! As I was driving there I was thinking not to expect much since this park is ‘down’ in the city and I am partial to being in high places!


But as I pulled into the parking lot, I immediately felt the beauty and peace of this spot. There were a lot of regulars walking, jogging, or riding bikes. The lighting and the leafless trees, the cattails that line the water’s edge – all spoke to me of why there are so many regulars. One woman came out to the dock where I had my camera set up. She asked me what was photographing. She told me her name and said she walked around the lake every day. I had no trouble seeing why. I told her I would be back. There is more than enough beauty to bring me back.
I wouldn’t miss it!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG These are beautiful shots!!!

v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home