Monday, January 29, 2007

every which way


There is a little something extra in the Green Mountain “skyline” right now. Its presence would bother many photographers to no end. I try to take these changes in stride. Sometimes I can and sometimes, I get a little extra dramatic! I figure that I live in an area with one foot in the city and one foot in the foothills. There are bound to be signs of man in many of my images. I like this cultural/natural ecotone. In some ways, I feel it is richer than either one in a pure form.
Transition zones – that is where I feel comfortable.


My whole area is undergoing infill development and that is why the crane is there. I only wonder if we really need another fast food restaurant nearby. But seeing the high school students streaming off campus for lunch makes me think this could be a good business decision.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's really no escaping it sometimes, but at sunrise and sunset, those cranes, backhoes, earth movers, and the like, can make interesting subjects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home