Friday, January 12, 2007

Solitude of the flock


It was SO cold this morning when I went out to the lake. It was the kind of cold where it hurts to breath. My glasses iced up almost immediately and I could only tolerate a few seconds with my gloves off. I would say that all of these “technical” difficulties lead me to be very thankful that I got any shots that I liked!



When the weather is warm, this statue seems playful, but now it seems....
dangerous!!



Even the geese are all huddled by the small patch of open water in the otherwise frozen lake. It is such a sight with the masses of birds stacked together with steam rising from the water

as if it were a cauldron of duck soup!

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Gee K, it's a h-o-b-b-y not a mission from God :) Nicely done.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

I put a little something up for you at MJCP
http://montereyjohn-california-photography.blogspot.com/2007/01/feeling-like-video-this-is-one-of-my.html

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Just as I read your first comment, I was planning several shots that I wanted to take back out at the lake this morning! It really doesn't occur to me NOT to go out!!

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hobby, Passion, Obsession, or Addiction? ;-) I like the statue. It does have a bit of a sinister quality in it with the snow on it.

Now, that's some cold weather. Trying to test out your camera's ability to function in the cold, or yours? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home