Monday, January 08, 2007

wind spirit


I have to say that I have been living and breathing SNOW for the last 3 weeks. I am not unfamiliar with snow but let us just say that I am now more intimate with it!!

The road conditions being what they have been, I have photographed my nearby Top of the World Park frequently and it has been a rich source of inspiration. I was up there when the first blizzard hit and I experienced the wet, wind-driven snow as it roared into the Denver area. Since then, my park has been an ever-changing canvas of snow. The wind and the snow conspire in an incredible dance of lift and deposit leaving the surface as if sculpted by some mysterious force.
Two days ago - sculpted but smooth.

As beautiful as this all has been, I think I have reached a state of ‘snow senility’
(don't ask me what that means - I'm not sure!)

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I'd give to reach that state! Where I live in the midwest. We've been completely void of snow and cold weather but I think the tide is finally beginning to turn.

I'm going to Vermont this weekend and I was planning on a week filled with snowshoeing and x-c skiing but it's been mild there too. Fortunately, the temps are just beginning to drop and hopefully snow will fall too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home