Thursday, February 08, 2007

winter respite


I had to come home to find foggy coastal weather!

Bundled up against the below zero temps, I headed out west for 5 days in California, from San Diego to San Jose to Big Sur and surroundings. It was sunny most of the time and luxuriously warm and green. Here in Colorado, we are in that very dreary time of winter when the snow is melting, revealing mashed brown plants.
Green is a rare commodity.

I had hoped to meet up with Monterey John but scheduling conflicts put the kibosh on that. I have a new, even higher, appreciation for his fine photography. It is no accident that I covered some of the same ground that is part of his home turf.


I also had a fine visit with my brother and his family. They live in the city but manage to have a menagerie that includes a dog, a cat, 4 chickens and 4 finches. His home is a little bit of farm in the city.
Despite the beauty that I saw, I am happy to be home. (I wonder if I could hide a few chickens in my back yard?)

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I was there last April and really enjoyed it. We took almost the same shot! :-) I know this area along the PCH. Absolutely beautiful!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Sorry I missed you Kathy. you timed your visit well. It's raining here now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home