Sunday, March 18, 2007

inimitable

What a difference one day can make. Both days are spring-like and warm. Yesterday, I discovered a shoreline cottonwood that had beautiful exposed roots. Against the choppy water and pale magenta sunrise lighting, the look was irresistible. After looking at the images, I decided I wanted to come back today and try and get more color and more light on the roots. The lake had different ideas.

The water was almost eerie in its smooth glass-like stillness. A few clouds streaked across the sky but the look and lighting were nothing like yesterday. Today the tree roots didn’t look all that special against the perfectly calm water.

And then I saw the pussy willows…..

Each moment is so unique and although some moments may resemble others, each is best savored in the present.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Sounds like a marvelous walk.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Ptelea, these are some great images. I really love the cloud formations and the plant. You are right about each moment being different. That's why I hardly get tired of visiting a place again and again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home