Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm Pretty Sure That.....

My 17-year-old son has a unique way of speaking. He likes to preface every possible statement with “I’m pretty sure that….” Our conversations go something like this:

Me, “I’m pretty sure that you should stay in, do your homework and help me with the dishes rather than go out with your friends tonight.”

My son, “I’m pretty sure that I can do my homework in the morning before class.”
(Notice how he doesn’t mention the dishes)

I’m pretty sure that I would rather read blogs all day today than go to work. Hell, I’m pretty sure that I would rather do what the next-door neighbor’s dog does all day. I’m pretty sure that all he does is bark and chase squirrels.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

I'm pretty sure I'd like to stay home and read blogs as well.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors dog would as well, but he probably spends his whole day licking his balls.

Hey-we have an 18 year old daughter who is all hips and lips- you could have it worse :-)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Whoops, my next door neighbor's dog is a she, so I'm pretty sure she doesn't do what your neighbor's dog does!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home