Saturday, March 24, 2007

forty year old angel

It has been a week of hard work on both my job and my photography. It seems as though I have been too busy to post although I do have a backlog of photos. I am getting critical of my photography and am working to improve my skills! There is so much to learn but for some reason it is “work” that I love!

Today I stopped by Riverside Cemetery on the way home from dropping my younger son off for a flight to Seattle. I have photographed it before and wished that I could capture an image of the train that goes along one boundary. I was in luck today except for the fact that it was raining! I can work under an umbrella but I can’t change the color of the sky!!

I roamed around, taking a different road through than last time and ended up in the civil war veteran’s section just as two trains came by.



Later I found a beautiful ceramic angel that was lovingly placed next to a stone marking the passing of a little girl. As I took photos of her, the rains came on strong and I retreated to my warm dry car!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Three excellent images. I have yet to venture into the cemetary for a photo session. Hmmm.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I like the image of the tombstones and somehow the train makes it all the better. I'll bet that it could be really spooky if you made it black and white and had some deep shadows, but perhaps that wasn't the intent. :-)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Paul, that is a good suggestion! I tried it but I need to go back when it is sunny so there is some shadow to deepen! I am not so much spooked in cemeteries as much as just overwhelmed wondering about the lives of the people buried there - their history!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home