Saturday, September 01, 2007

tail end of a project



I am headed into the the 12th month of my one year (365 days) of sunrise photography. I have taken this project seriously yet I am of the philosophy that while I will take a sunrise photo EVERY day, life has a way of interferring. I embrace the knowledge that some days are better than others - MUCH better.



When I first started this project, I was especially enthralled by the hour before sunrise. I got out while it was still very dark. This allowed me to see an incredible light display as the sky turned its many shades of color by the time the sun actually rose above the horizon. Lately, I have pushed the envelope in the other direction, allowing some of my photos to be taken well after the sun rose. My work in Albuquerque really necessitated this as we were driving to our work sites at sunrise and my personal photography project was not the number one priority!!



The last two mornings, I have gotten out early again and it touches me to see these dark midnight blues skies above the intense peach color of the horizon. My favorite thing to do when I first get out of bed in the morning is to check how much light is out there in the direction of sunrise AND to look for the presence of clouds. Clouds in the morning make for a much more interesting sunrise and morning sky. Just like life, as I approach the end, I will make one last push to see new and different sunrises.


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, getting to the end is not as sweet as the journey. Will you be posting the shots? I'd love to see them.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger WJWilson said...

Congrats on your project. Time extremely well spent, a collection of beautiful images.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Ptelea
You really should seriously think about choosing your best most colorful sunrises and have an art show. It would be fabulous. I for one love the colors of sunrise and sunset.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

So, what's next? :)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

I enjoy reading your narratives as well. We got a dog recently and I have somehow been selected for the 5:30 am body function tour and I forgot how nice it is to be outside at that hour of the day.

The bottom picture has a wonderful sci fi fantasy scape feel to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home